Wednesday 24 March 2010

jumping out of a plane

This weekend (more precisely Saturday 27th of March 2010) I will be jumping out of a plane. Unlike my previous attempts at jumping out of planes this will be an organised skydive and, even better then that, it will be for charity.


The skydive is to raise money for The Vanessa Grant Trust and has been organised by my cousin Ross Sundercombe. It will take place at Skydive Cornwall at Perranporth Airfield in Cornwall and there is about 14 people taking part. We will be jumping throughout the day on Saturday. I hope to have my jump filmed (I don't think I will be able to wear my glasses or contacts so this way I still get to see it properly myself) and I will post the video at a later date. If the weather is bad and we are unable to jump then the skydive will be re-scheduled to a later date.

Of course the purpose of this post is to look for sponsorship (that being the case I should have written this post a few weeks ago but I neglected to think of the usefulness of my blog for such purposes) and I would love unconditionally* anyone who would like to make a donation.

If you would like to make a donation just email me (my address is on my website - link to the left) or DM me on twitter and let me know how much you would like to donate and I will get back to you about collecting payment (easiest is cheques made out to "Vanessa Grant Trust"**). Donations will still be accepted after the event up until the end of April.

For those who worry I am going to be getting a free skydive at their expense I am paying for the skydive myself (not the whole skydive, just my jump) so put your minds at ease. I'd feel guilty otherwise.

For those who donate or have already donated - Thank you very very much!

*conditions apply

**A few people have mentioned justgiving.com as a good way of collecting donations which is true but unfortunately not suitable in this case. Here's the info I got from my cousin - the reason is that my cousin Ross and his girlfriend Lauren work under the umbrella of the Vanessa Grant Trust and are personally involved in projects that the charity support, in particular the Vanessa Grant School in Kenya. They travel to Kenya twice a year to work at the school. Therefore they have an agreement with the charity that means the money they raise is specifically used for the projects they work on. Money that is raised through justgiving.com goes directly in to the charity's pool of money and it is more difficult to keep track of the total amount raised and it can end up distributed elsewhere. Therefore the money is raised in the form of cash and cheques and is then sent on to the Vanessa Grant Trust as a bulk donation which subsequently directly funds the projects that Ross and Lauren are involved in. I think I have explained that right.***

***You can tell the value of this blog post by the addition of small print.

1 comment:

ruzzel01 said...

You made me laugh on this. Good one!

www.azcarpetandtilecleaning.com